The Happiness Course
Most people would say they want to be happy
But the word can mean many different things; and it’s used so freely that for a lot of people it has lost its currency. The Happiness Course addresses questions about happiness such as:
- Can we find more happiness?
- What is happiness anyway?
- Is there more to life than just having a smiley face?
In four two-hour sessions these topics are considered:
- The Happy life:what makes us happy, and can we be happier?
- The Successful life: what exactly constitutes a ‘Good Life’? How can we discover it?
- The Relational life: are relationships important? Why (not)?
- The Meaningful life:can we know purpose and meaning – and do they matter?
The course is interactive and draws on the experience of participants as well as presenting scientific research into happiness. It includes video clips from experts, discussions and exercises in pairs or small groups; and time for personal reflection. Participants are also provided with proven tools and strategies that can help to bring greater happiness.
Ron, one of our Hub volunteers, is trained and accredited to run this course. The next one is planned Mondays 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th March 2023 from 13:00 t0 15:00 in the Meeting Room at the rear of Pershore Town Hall. We ask participants for a minimum donation of £20 (£5 per session) to cover costs if they can afford it.
If you are interested in attending or would like to know more please contact him at email@example.com or message him on 07939521925.