ONSIDE is delighted to be supporting the transformation of community mental health services in Worcestershire and Herefordshire, aimed at making mental health services more local, accessible and responsive.
In collaboration with Worcestershire Association of Carers, Springfield MIND and Herefordshire MIND we provide a range of support designed to address the wider social and practical needs of people living with mental ill health.
Working within the neighbourhood mental health teams alongside clinical and other mental health services, Community Mental Health Link Workers can guide patients through local health, social care and neighbourhood services and support them to:
- Manage their own health and wellbeing using tools and strategies that help them live well
- Connect with specialist support services such as housing or money advice
- Make connections in their local community with support groups and activities
- Increase confidence and resilience by meeting new people and building friendships
- Meet other people who have had similar experiences for mutual Peer support
- Take up learning and training opportunities, new interests or become a volunteer
Dedicated support is available for anyone who is caring for someone with a mental health condition to:
- Help them feel more confident in their caring role by learning more about mental health and developing their understanding of how to support someone with a mental health issue
- Support them to focus on their own health and well-being
- Provide opportunities to connect with other carers in a similar situation so they can share experiences and develop support networks.