Man Health was estabished in 2015 to help men struggling with their mental health
ManHealth is a Community Interest Company who provide support to men through a range of methods including training, peer support groups and a WebChat and Connect service which operates 7 nights a week from 6-10 pm via our website.
- Just over three out of four suicides (76%) are by men and suicide is the biggest cause of death for men under 35 (Reference: ONS)
- 12.5% of men in the UK are suffering from one of the common mental health disorders
- Men are nearly three times more likely than women to become alcohol dependent (8.7% of men are alcohol dependent compared to 3.3% of women (Health and Social Care Information Centre)
- Men are more likely to use (and die from) illegal drugs
- Men are less likely to access psychological therapies than women.
- Over three quarters of people who kill themselves are men (Reference: ONS).
- Men report significantly lower life satisfaction than women in the Government’s national well-being survey – with those aged 45 to 59 reporting the lowest levels of life satisfaction (Reference: ONS)
- 73% of adults who ‘go missing’ are men (Reference: University of York).
- 87% of rough sleepers are men (Reference: Crisis).