Patient aims to help the world proactively manage its healthcare, supplying evidence-based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.
Patient is a multi award-winning UK-based health information website, providing trusted medical information. ‘The top health website you can’t live without‘ The Times.
Patient provides clinically-trusted medical information and support for patients in the UK. Our site provides a wealth of health and medical information in a variety of ways, including:
• 900+ information health condition leaflets and 750 medicines leaflets, written to meet The Information Standard, NHS England’s quality mark, which are aimed to be fully accessible to all non-medical, English-speaking people
• 2000+ reference articles about diseases and conditions and links to almost 1900 approved medical guidelines which are intended to aid clinicians and other health professionals
• 1800+ support directory, which list accurate and up-to-date details of UK-based self-help groups, charities and patient support organisations
• Almost 900 directory pages providing links to a variety of health information sources from external websites
• A lively discussion forum where patients can speak to other patients
Patient regularly features ‘Sarah’s blog’ written by Dr Sarah Jarvis, who is a practising GP and television doctor from BBC’s ‘The One Show’ and GMTV.